Portuguese Feast 5k

Portuguese Feast 5k

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

About me-5 Q's


1. What was your toughest race? 
My toughest race wasn't even the longest race that I did.. My toughest race was July 18th, 2010-the Fisherman's Tribute Race in New Bedford.  It was 94 degrees by 8:00am with 100% humidity. After mile 2, I felt like my muscles were refusing to make my body work. Every step felt like my stomach was lurching. the last mile was all uphill. As soon as  I crossed the finish line I (and 3 other people near me) were puking in the bushes. I couldn't even hold down water, my stomach was heaving. 
I then ran straight into the ocean with all my race clothes on and just sat in the water, to cool down. 

2. What are your goals for 2011? 
This is tough as I really haven't thought about it. My number one goal is to beat my PR time of 34:30 in the 5k. My other goal is to beat my 5 mile time of 1:04:00. Another goal is to complete a half-marathon after my wedding in August. 
I want to PR at the 2011 Mattapoisett Triathlon. 
Also lose 30+ lbs in 2011, would be nice. 
3.If you could live anywhere, where would it be? 
I love Fairhaven but would love to live someplace that there is no humidity (fat chance) and where I could ideally train year round outside. My asthma sucks in the winter. 
4. What is my guilty pleasure TV show? 
William and I don't have cable, and we have one television in the house we use for the WII and DVD player only. 
We watch shows on free-tv.com. We LOVE to watch Dexter, Criminal Minds, Glee, It's always Sunny in Philadelphia and I love Law and Order-SVU. Will doesn't like that show though. 
5. How do you keep a sense of balance?

That's tough to answer.. I always get 9 - 10 hours of sleep at night, and that really helps with me having enough energy to get everything I need to get done. 
Other then that, this is something I struggle with. The weekends are jam packed filled with races, training for races, or running around getting everything done so I can race. 

No comments:

Post a Comment